- World Records
- Full list of Australia and New Zealand records
- Institutions & Organisations
- Queensland Police Gazette 1864-1900
Records in this collection
- Brisbane Hospital patient index, 1887-1902
- Civic record of South Australia 1921-1923
- Croydon Hospital admissions index, 1888-1925
- Moreton Bay Miscellaneous Records 1855-1859
- Moreton Bay Supreme Court Records 1857-1859
- New South Wales Gaol Photographic Description Books 1871-1969
- New South Wales Police Gazette 1862 -1900
- New Zealand Jury Rolls 1842-1862
- New Zealand Pensions Granted 1868
- New Zealand Prisoners Pardoned 1860-1862
- New Zealand, Nelson, petition after the Wairau incident 1843
- Northern Territory Parliamentary Index 1884-1890
- Parliamentary Papers for the Colony of Victoria, 1852-1879
- Queensland Criminal Reports 1860-1907
- Queensland Miner’s Rights and Business Licences 1870-1884
- Queensland Miscellaneous Licences 1860-1899
- Queensland Police Gazette 1864-1900
- Queensland Police Gazette Index 1864-1874
- Queensland Timber Licences 1860-1901
- Queensland, Australia, Unclaimed Letters 1859-1874
- Queensland, Justices of the Peace 1857-1957
- Queensland, Old Age Pension Applicants 1908-1909
- Queensland, Trustee Files 1889-1929
- South Australia destitute women 1855-1860
- South Australian Police Gazette 1862-1900
- Supreme Court Brisbane Originating Summons 1901-1906
- Tasmania convict records 1800-1893
- Tasmania Police Gazette 1884-1900
- Tasmania Reports of Crime 1861-1883
- Victoria Petty Sessions Registers
- Victoria Police Gazette 1855-1900
- Victoria Prison Registers 1871-1960
- Victoria, Mental Health Institutions
- Wallangarra Quarantine Admission Registers 1918-1919
QUEENSLAND POLICE GAZETTE 1864-1900
Do you have ancestry in Queensland?
Compiled to be distributed exclusively amongst the police force, Queensland Police Gazettes are an extremely useful genealogy resource for family and local historians alike, containing details and information you won't be able to find anywhere else. If you're exploring your family history or building a family tree, they're a must!
The gazettes contain information received in cases of: felony and misdemeanour; against receivers of stolen property; reputed thieves; offenders escaped from custody, with the time, place, and circumstances of the offences; description of offenders or those suspected, giving the appearance, dress, and other marks of identity, with every particular which may lead to their apprehension; and a description, as accurate as possible, of property that has been stolen.
They also include court lists, lists of warrants issued, appointments and changes in the police service, lists of Justices of the Peace, lists of arrests and discharges and descriptions photographs and details of deserters, escaped prisoners, and missing people as well lists for liquor, wine sellers, tobacco sellers, auctioneers, billiard and poisons licences. Notices from police gazettes from other states are also often included.
The 1897 issue features the following special supplements: list of Justices of the Peace; Magistrates resident beyond the colony; brands registry; and many photo supplements.
The 1898 issue features the following special supplements: list of Justices of the Peace; list of medical practitioners with addresses and qualifications; and 29 pages of photo supplements.
The 1899 issue features the following special supplements: list of Justices of the Peace; list of medical practitioners with addresses and qualifications; pharmaceutical list - name, date, address and qualification; list of licences - victuallers, packet, billards, bagatelle, tobacco; list of police districts and inspectors; and 29 pages of photo supplements.
The 1900 issue features the following special supplements: medical practitioners; marriage celebrants; chemists; and commissioners of the Supreme Court.
Data provided by Archive Digital Books Australasia