- World Records
- Full list of Australia and New Zealand records
- Education & Work
- South Australia cultivators 1840
Full list of Australia and New Zealand records
Records in this collection
- Australasian Medical Directory & Handbook 1883-1900
- Australian Pastoral Directory 1913-1954
- Brands Directory of South Australia / Sheep Brands 1936-1938
- Brands Directory South Australia / Sheep, Cattle, Horse Brands 1901
- Calendar University of Tasmania 1916-1917
- Centenary Catalogue of Farms and Stations for Sale in Western Australia
- Classification List of the Queensland Loco Enginemen, Firemen & Cleaners 1912
- Coffs Harbour District Schools
- Commonwealth Public Service List 1904-1920
- Loxton's Medical Directory 1911
- Medical Directory 1915
- New South Wales Public Service List 1934
- New South Wales, Junior and Senior Public Examinations 1867-1916
- New South Wales, Medical Directory 1903
- New South Wales, Railway Employment Records
- New Zealand Civil Establishment Nominal Roll 1871
- New Zealand civil service examinations 1906-1907
- New Zealand Lands & Surveys Department Nominal Roll Of Officers 1901
- New Zealand officiating ministers 1882
- New Zealand Railway Employees 1896
- New Zealand registered teachers 1906
- New Zealand Return Of Officers In Provincial Governments 1866
- New Zealand University Graduates 1870-1963
- New Zealand, teachers’ examinations 1906-1907
- New Zealand: Sheep-Farmers 1881-1918
- Queensland Blue Book 1870-1911
- Queensland Brands Directory 1920-1952
- Queensland Education Gazette 1899-1959
- Queensland Horse and Cattle Brands Index 1872-1899
- Queensland Public Service 1864-1948
- Queensland Railway Appointments and Removals 1890
- Queensland Railway Dismissals 1879: Ipswich and Rockhampton Railway Workshops
- Queensland Railway Employees 1889-1940
- Queensland School Pupils Index, Parts 1-4
- Queensland Sheep Brands 1877-1900
- Queensland State School Committee Members 1876-1899
- Queensland Teachers Index 1907-1920
- Queensland, Nurses examinations 1914-1925
- Queensland, Reformatory School for Boys admission registers 1871-1906
- Queensland, registered teachers 1860-1905
- Queensland, Seamen 1882-1919
- Queensland, Toowoomba Girls Reformatory admissions & discharges 1881-1903
- South Australia cultivators 1840
- South Australian Education Gazette 1911
- Sydney University Calendar 1887
- The Grazier's Review 1930-1934
- Western Australia Blue Book 1871-1905
South Australia cultivators 1840
The survey of land under cultivation in 1840 as reported in the Register newspaper over several issues in mid-1841 is a useful census substitute and an excellent snapshot of crop production over 14,000 acres at the time.
Information on the fields in the database:
District A: north of Bay Road (now Anzac Highway) to Sturt Creek & thence a straight line towards Mt Lofty excluding Adelaide inc Port Adelaide and west of Mt Lofty.
District B: south of Bay Road and Greenhill Rd to 35°10’ and west of Mt Lofty .
District C: from 35°10’ [ie mouth Onkaparinga River] to 35°20’ and west of Mt Lofty.
District D: Mypolonga and Mount Compass region and west of Mt Lofty.
District E: Districts of Encounter Bay and Currency Creek and the Valley of the Inman.
District F: Delamere and Cape Jervis region.
The tallies for buildings are best estimates as sometimes the text is not precise.
The crop tallies were recorded in acres and originally fractions rather than decimals were used.
Compiler’s comments within squared brackets.
Data provided by Graham Jaunay. www.jaunay.com