With new and exclusive records from New York, Shropshire and Yorkshire, where will your past take you this weekend?
Findmypast is the only place to be for new family history releases every Friday. Here's what's new this week.
You can now explore this important collection page-by-page. Plus, we've added new records from Harlem, The Bronx, Yonkers and Ulster County.
New and exclusive to Findmypast, discover if your Shropshire ancestors faced their local judge in these useful court indexes.
From police reports to affidavits, many different court records can be found in this collection. To help you make the most of the records, we've compiled this handy list with each document type, their abbreviations to look out for and a brief description on where you'll find them.
Covering parts of Yorkshire and Derbyshire, this collection can help you trace relatives on the breadline. In the records, you'll discover birth dates, occupations and more.
In September 1896, Sheffield Daily Telegraph published a detailed report on Ecclesall Bierlow Workhouse.
It describes everything from sleeping quarters to mealtimes and sheds light on the bleak conditions that inmates endured.
Our local newspaper archives continue to expand. Brand new to the collection this week are:
And we've added extra pages to nine papers as follows;
- Liverpool Daily Post from 1885
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1892
- North Cumberland Reformer from 1895
- Liverpool Weekly Courier from 1899
- Penistone, Stocksbridge and Hoyland Express from 1918
- Middlesex Chronicle from 1989, 1991-1996 and 1998-1999
- Evening News (London) from 1881-1886
- Whitstable Times and Herne Bay Herald from 1978
- Kinematograph Weekly from 1926
Connect with us and join the Findmypast Community in gaining a new perspective on the past.