Brand new travel records and feature enhancements
1-2 minute read
By Niall Cullen
Findmypast's migration month continues with the arrival of vintage ship posters and records from Colonial America.
Along with brand new records and newspapers, a nifty update to our search experience is now live. Here's what's new this Findmypast Friday.
With indexes unique to Findmypast, explore three volumes of detailed information on the families and communities of Colonial America.
With our clever record search, you can pinpoint an early American family by name, year, town or state. And the optional keyword search can help you refine your results even further.
Step back in time and see the eye-catching adverts your migrating ancestors saw, digitised in full colour.
This collection can give you rich insight into where your ancestors went and how they got there. If your relatives travelled on any of the featured vessels, why not add the poster to your family tree? A dash of colour can really bring the stories from your past to life.
We’ve added over 200,000 more newspaper pages with five brand new publications and updates to 16 others. New to the collection are:
While there have been substantial updates to:
- Gentlewoman covering 1896 and 1916-1926
- Liverpool Courier and Commercial Advertiser covering 1889
- Ballinrobe Chronicle and Mayo Advertiser covering 1881
- Cavan Weekly News and General Advertiser covering 1897 and 1903
- Manchester & Salford Advertiser covering 1843-1845 and 1848
- The Halesworth Times and East Suffolk Advertiser covering 1881, 1883-1886 and 1889-1899
- Bromyard News covering 1913-1924
- Marylebone Mercury covering 1872-1876, 1878, 1884, 1886, 1897-1925 and 1948-1978
- Strabane Weekly News covering 1908-1910
- Meath Herald and Cavan Advertiser covering 1917-1921 and 1924-1932
- Fife News covering 1885
- Halifax Evening Courier covering 1892
- Otley News and West Riding Advertiser covering 1889
- Blyth News covering 1911
- Dartmouth & South Hams chronicle covering 1910-1912
- Dundee Weekly News covering 1884
Brand new site features
Finding the record collection you want is now easier than ever. With our new and improved list of all record sets, you can search by topic and filter by location and date range.
You can access this handy feature by selecting 'All record sets' on the Search menu when logged into the site.
Findmypast Fridays live
Have our latest releases conjured up new perspectives on your past? We'd love to hear about your discoveries. Tag your social media posts with #FindmypastFeatured to share your stories.