With new releases from England, Ireland and USA, where will your past take you this Findmypast Friday?
This week, we've been busy releasing millions of new family records and newspapers to help you unlock your past. Here's everything you need to know about what's new.
We’ve added over 28,000 new records to this collection, covering over 300 years of Yorkshire history. The new arrivals date from 1663-2008 and come from the following parishes in Yorkshire (West Riding):
- Greetland, Methodist Chapel
- Pecket Well
- Sowerby Bridge
Monumental inscriptions can reveal when your relative died, where they are buried and the sometimes-detail-rich epitaph on their memorial. Check the parish list for the locations and years included in the entire collection.
This mammoth collection has grown with over 18.2 million new entries from all 50 American states. Use them to uncover vital family tree information.
Three people named Elvis Presley appear in this collection. The King of Rock and Roll’s 1977 record includes a detailed account of his amazing life. His namesakes died in Wisconsin and Alabama in the 2000s.
Discover your Irish ancestors’ final resting places in this useful collection. We’ve added new records from all 32 Irish counties.
3 top tips for exploring gravesites for family research
With five brand new papers and additional pages for a further nine, our newspaper collection continues to grow this week. Released for the first time, we have:
- Cotton Factory Times covering 1885-1888, 1891-1895, 1897-1899, 1902-1911 and 1913-1920
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald covering 1881-1886, 1888 and 1890-1893
- Dorset County Express and Agricultural Gazette covering 1881-1886
- Kenilworth Advertiser covering 1900
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser covering 1888
Meanwhile, we've added thousands more pages to these newspapers:
- Civil & Military Gazette (Lahore) from 1889-1890
- Leicester Evening Mail from 1946-1954, 1956-1959 and 1963
- Kinematograph Weekly from 1945, 1950 and 1952
- Widnes Examiner from 1883-1884, 1891, 1899, 1903, 1905, 1907, 1912-1914 and 1916
- Runcorn Examiner from 1883-1884
- Warrington Examiner from 1904
- St. Helens Examiner from 1883, 1900
- Oxford Chronicle and Reading Gazette from 1871, 1874-1892, 1894-1895, 1900-1902, 1904-1906, 1908-1909, 1912, 1914, 1916 and 1927-1929
- Fulham Chronicle from 1888-1904, 1907-1912 and 1923-1933
Findmypast Fridays live
Fridays Live 11 December 2020
Genealogy is made up of stories. Join Ellie and Myko as they look at some of the more colourful historical figures that appear in their family trees, chat about your own 'stranger than fiction' forebears, and of course, discuss Findmypast’s newest records. QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Which ancestor’s larger than life story would you tell at a dinner party?Posted by Findmypast on Friday, December 11, 2020