Is a bad apple lurking in your family tree? The latest batch of Findmypast Friday records could help you find out.
Crime records, life events and newspapers. We've got a feast of family history treats for you this week. Here are the details on what's new.
We’ve added over 92,000 additional court and prison indexes to this criminally-fascinating collection. Will you find a family felon?
The new additions consist of:
- Herefordshire Prison Register Index 1849-1915
- Court of Great Sessions in Wales 1730-1830
- Bedfordshire Gaol Registers
- Kirkby Stephen Petty Sessions 1874-1901
3 quick tips for tracing lawbreaking relatives
- Old Mugshots are mesmerising. You’ll find them in the MEPO 6, PCOM 2 and PCOM 4 series of our Crime, Prisons and Punishment collection
- Combine crime records with newspaper reports for the bigger picture of your family's shady past
- Watch out for aliases. Habitual criminals often swapped their surname for their mother's maiden name
If you’ve got family roots in England’s East Midlands, our latest birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records could help you trace them. We've supplemented;
As always, check the parish list to see exactly what's new and the timeframes covered.
This week, we're bringing you six brand new newspaper titles along with updates to 15 others. Online for the first time are;
- Evening News (London) covering 1889-1892 and 1894-1913
- Central Glamorgan Gazette covering 1880-1894
- Kent Messenger & Gravesend Telegraph covering 1914-1918
- Potteries Examiner covering 1881
- Alston Herald and East Cumberland Advertiser covering 1880
- Nelson Chronicle, Colne Observer and Clitheroe Division News covering 1892
While there's been significant additions to;
- Whitstable Times and Herne Bay Herald from 1976-1977, 1979-1983 and 1985
- Faversham Times and Mercury and North-East Kent Journal from 1860-1861, 1863, 1865-1871, 1873-1887, 1889-1895, 1897-1905 and 1920
- Middlesex Chronicle from 1986-1988
- Cotton Factory Times from 1900
- Atherstone, Nuneaton, and Warwickshire Times from 1880-1881, 1883-1884 and 1889
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1893
- Liverpool Weekly Courier from 1880, 1898, 1900-1901 and 1903
- Kenilworth Advertiser from 1880
- Bridlington and Quay Gazette from 1880
- Brighouse & Rastrick Gazette from 1880
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald from 1880
- Birkenhead News from 1880
- St. Helens Examiner from 1880
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1880
- Dorset County Express and Agricultural Gazette from 1880
Findmypast Fridays live
Have our latest releases helped you solve a family mystery or make a breakthrough in your research? We love hearing about your discoveries and successes. Reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or share your story by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You never know where your past could take you.