- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about your ancestors in historical Irish newspapers
We have just launched our Irish Newspapers Collection, making almost 2 million historical Irish newspaper articles available to search on findmypast.ie.
Digitised from the collections of the British Library, the Irish newspapers collection is a rich resource for genealogists in search of their Irish roots.
The collection features 6 newspaper titles (both national and local) covering areas in Leinster, Munster, Connaught and Ulster namely; The Belfast Morning News, The Belfast Newsletter, The Cork Examiner, The Dublin Evening Mail, The Freeman’s Journal and The Sligo Champion.
Different dates are covered by each title ranging from pre-Famine era right up until post-Irish independence in 1926. For family historians, the newspapers contain valuable entries like advertisements, obituaries and letters to the editor which help to paint a picture of what local and national life would have been like in Ireland hundreds of years ago.
Overall date coverage for each of the newspapers is as follows:
The Belfast Morning News – 1857-1882
The Belfast Newsletter – 1828-1900
The Cork Examiner - 1841-1926
The Dublin Evening Mail – 1849-1871
The Freeman’s Journal – 1820-1900
The Sligo Champion - 1836-1926
Find out if your ancestors were making headlines.
Previous: Another 2.5 million court registers added