- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
Paul Bayliss and John Bayley
by Paul Bayliss
My father Paul Bayliss was with B Coy 2 Battalion Dorsetshire Regiment at the Battle of Kohima as part of General Slims 14th Army.
Although badly wounded he survived and now lives in Morgan age 86!
My Uncle John Bayley who was in C Company still lives in Aldridge UK.
Dad lost a lung and John lost an eye.
We often marched together on Anzac Day.
Photo on the right is of Dad at Dorset
Photos below (clockwise from left): Dad in India, Kohima Hill, Attack Plan, 2nd Division Memorial, Dad's 80th, Kohima Memorial.