Why choose findmypast Ireland
We're family historians too
Like you, the findmypast Ireland team has a real passion for family history. The website launched in 2011 but our founder members have over 58 years’ experience of family history and we are the first company in the world to publish the Landed Estates Court records and the Irish Prison Registers online.
We’re based in Dublin, Ireland, which means we're at the heart of Irish family history and have our ears firmly to the ground. We work with all the major players in Irish genealogy, such as the National Archives of Ireland and the National Library of Ireland, both in Ireland and around the world.
A leading online genealogy resource, with millions of new records in the pipeline
Search millions of records on findmypast Ireland, including:
- Exclusive access to the Irish Prison Registers, featuring over 3.5 million names
- Exclusive access to the Landed Estates Court records featuring details of over 500,000 tenants residing on estates all over Ireland
- The complete Griffith's Valuation
- The most comprehensive set of national directories, dating back to 1814
- Indexes to Irish wills dating from 1270 – 1858
- Over 400,000 gravestones and church memorials
- Military records from the details of over 8,000 people involved in the 1798 Rebellion through to the names of more than 49,000 Irishmen who lost their lives fighting in World War I
- Emigration records: over 40,000 individuals who travelled from North America to Great Britain and Ireland
- Exclusive access to over 250,000 obituaries and other newspaper notices compiled from all over Ireland
- Lists of 52,600 individuals eligible to vote in elections between 1832 and 1838
- Rare and unrivalled specialist records – perfect for adding fine detail to your ancestors' lives
We'll be adding to this collection every month - we already have many exciting new sets of records in the pipeline, as well as new features and tools to make your family history research easier.
We don't cut corners when we digitise records
When we digitise new records, our team of Irish family history experts get involved right from the beginning of the project. We transcribe more of the details from original historical documents than anyone else, which means you can search against more fields and different combinations of fields to find the results you want more easily.
Get started today
It's easy to start viewing findmypast Ireland's rich resources. Either dip your toe in the water by buying PayAsYouGo credits or take out a great value subscription to make sure you get constant access to the millions of new records we'll be adding over the coming months and years.