Nurture your family tree with thousands of new global records
Take your research from 17th-century Pennsylvania to Canada in the First World War.
If your ancestors have a history of global migration, it could be more difficult than you'd like to pin them down. But don't give up - this week, we've released births, baptisms and honour rolls, all from the US and Canada. Read on for everything that's new.
We've added over 20,000 new births and baptisms to this collection, all from Indiana County.
These records span all the way from 1660-1992, meaning you could discover both your more recent forbears and those who lived four or five generations ago. They will give you the standard biographical information you'd expect for a birth or baptism record - name, birth year, parents' names, and so forth. Make sure to check the original image with this collection, though. Some records will have details such as the names of godparents, who were often close friends or family, and some even have longer biographies of certain people.
This brand-new collection commemorates the graduates of McGill University in Quebec, Canada, who gallantly served in the First World War.
It was common practice for universities and colleges across Britain, Canada and the United States to document and commemorate students who served in military engagements through an honour roll.
These records will give a rich summary of your ancestor's military experience, how long they served in the military for, any honours they received, and often details of their rank or rating. You may also find information on their academic experience, including the years they were at university for, and the subjects they studied.
If the soldier was killed during a military engagement, you are more likely to find a photograph of them, and a longer biography. This could give you a further glimpse into the lives of these soldiers and help you connect more poignantly to your military heritage.
We've added over half a million newspaper pages this week from all across the globe. The Official Gazette of British Guiana, one of our new titles this week, offers a vivid snapshot of life in a colonial world. It is name-heavy, often dropping the names of British civil servants or those involved in mining operations.
Amid reports of Indian emigrants being sent to plantations, the selling of natural resources, and militia notices, it is a truly arresting glance into the White successes - and the atrocities that entailed for indigenous populations and non-White immigrants - throughout the colonial era.
If you're searching for news more locally, however, fret not: we have nine other new titles, and 75 updated titles. Just give the list below a glance over, head to our newspaper archive, and filter by title.
- Beaconsfield Advertiser, 1994
- Billericay Gazette, 1996
- Bridgend & Ogwr Herald & Post, 1995
- Coalville Mail, 1995
- Exeter Leader, 1994
- Leeward Islands Gazette, 1893
- North Tyneside herald & post, 1996
- Official Gazette of British Guiana, 1893-1919
- Rhyl, Prestatyn Visitor, 1995
- West Hull Advertiser, 1995
- Abergele & Pensarn Visitor, 1995
- Aldershot News, 1952-1953, 1955-1957, 1959-1961, 1963-1966
- Anfield & Walton Star, 1994
- Ashby Mail, 1994
- Beverley Advertiser, 1994
- Billingham & Norton Advertiser, 1993
- Bootle Times, 1996
- Brent Leader, 1995
- Bristol Evening Post, 1962, 1968-1969, 1980
- Burntwood Post, 1995
- Burton Trader, 1994
- Cambridge Town Crier, 1994-1995
- Cambridge Weekly News, 1995
- Chelsea News and General Advertiser, 1996
- Cheltenham News, 1994
- Clevedon Mercury, 1996
- Crosby Herald, 1995
- Derby Daily Telegraph, 1964
- Dover Express, 1996
- Dumfries and Galloway Standard, 1995
- East Cleveland Herald & Post, 1995
- East Grinstead Observer, 1995-1996
- Eastern Argus and Borough of Hackney Times, 1898, 1910
- Ely Town Crier, 1995
- Folkestone, Hythe, Sandgate & Cheriton Herald, 1994
- Football Post (Nottingham), 1983, 1985, 1987
- Gainsborough Target, 1994
- Galloway News and Kirkcudbrightshire Advertiser, 1996
- Gloucester News, 1994
- Great Barr Observer, 1994, 1996
- Harrow Informer, 1996
- Herald Cymraeg, 1994-1995
- Hinckley Herald & Journal, 1994
- Hinckley Times, 1963, 1980
- Holderness Advertiser, 1994, 1996
- Hounslow & Chiswick Informer, 1995
- Hull Daily Mail, 1951-1966, 1971
- Irvine Herald, 1995
- Kent & Sussex Courier, 1994
- Leatherhead Advertiser, 1994
- Lichfield Post, 1993, 1995
- Lincoln Target, 1994-1996
- Maghull & Aintree Star, 1994-1995
- Manchester Metro News, 1996
- Merthyr Express, 1994
- Neath Guardian, 1995
- Northampton Herald & Post, 1995
- Oadby & Wigston Mail, 1994
- Oldham Advertiser, 1994
- Plymouth Extra, 1994
- Potteries Advertiser, 1995
- Reveille, 1949-1950, 1952-1953, 1955-1956
- Rossendale Free Press, 1994
- Royston and Buntingford Mercury, 1995
- Runcorn & Widnes Herald & Post, 1994-1995
- Salford Advertiser, 1994
- Sandwell Evening Mail, 1985
- Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph, 1993-1994, 1999
- Sevenoaks Focus, 1995
- Sleaford Target, 1994-1995
- Southport Visiter, 1995
- Stafford Post, 1994-1995
- Staines Informer, 1995
- Stirling Observer, 1995
- Stockport Times, 1994-1995
- Strathearn Herald, 1995
- Sunday Sun (Newcastle), 1964, 1970, 1972-1975, 1979-1982
- Surrey Mirror, 1996
- Sutton Coldfield News, 1994
- Torbay Express and South Devon Echo, 1930-1932, 1956, 1973, 1977, 1980
- Uttoxeter Newsletter, 1994
- Uxbridge Informer, 1994
- Uxbridge Leader, 1994
- Walton & Weybridge Informer, 1996
- Whitstable Times and Herne Bay Herald, 1996
If you just can't get enough, make sure to join us at 4pm UK time on Facebook, where every Friday we go live and take you through each release, showcase any new product features, and answer all your wonderful questions.