We're excited to welcome the Francis Frith Collection to the site, packed full of amazing old photos. Plus, we’ve opened more 1939 Register records.
We love vintage photos here at Findmypast. They offer a window into the past as nothing else can. That's why we're delighted to grow our family album of photos with the arrival of the Francis Frith Collection. Read on to find out all about this amazing resource and our other new releases.
Spanning from 1860 to 1970, get a glimpse of Britain and beyond way back when with Francis Frith’s captivating vintage photos.
The vast archive covers over 9,000 cities, towns and villages across the UK, as well as special collections featuring the military, artistic pieces, royalty and much more.
The Francis Frith Collection is not the only place you’ll find fantastic vintage photos. Rummage through the Findmypast Photo Collection to unearth rare wartime photos, milestone family moments and so much more.
One of our most popular collections has grown again. We’ve opened over 100,000 previously-redacted records and you’ll find them first at Findmypast.
Taken at the outbreak of the Second World War, the 1939 Register is one of the most important documents in modern British history. In it, you'll find the details of 41 million people who were in England and Wales at the time, giving you the chance to discover your family, home and town on the eve of war.
This week, we’ve released 11 new publications including:
- Christian Times covering 1863-1871
- Faversham News covering 1883-1888, 1890-1896, 1898, 1901-1903, 1905-1906, 1908-1911, 1913-1919 and 1986-1987
- Fenland Citizen covering 1987-1988
- Haverhill Echo covering 1982-1985
- Hetherington’s Twopenny Dispatch covering 1836
- Hour covering 1873-1876
- London Chronicle covering 1800-1807, 1810-1811, 1813, 1816-1817 and 1819-1822
- New Milton Advertiser covering 1928-1931 and 1987-1988
- Spalding Guardian covering 1992
- Weekly Mail (London) covering 1860
- Week’s News (London) covering 1871-1879
Plus, we’ve updated 36 other papers with additional pages:
- Birkenhead News from 1897, 1899 and 1912
- Birmingham & Aston Chronicle from 1890-1895
- Birmingham Mail from 1912
- Birmingham Suburban Times from 1884-1887, 1889-1896 and 1898-1901
- Blandford and Wimborne Telegram from 1879
- Blandford Weekly News from 1888
- Bridport, Beaminster, and Lyme Regis Telegram from 1878
- British Army Despatch from 1854
- Bury Free Press from 1985
- Cambria Daily Leader from 1897, 1907 and 1910-1911
- Central Glamorgan Gazette from 1876
- City Chronicle from 1844-1845
- Derby Daily Telegraph from 1983
- Diss Express from 1987
- Eastbourne Chronicle from 1865-1895, 1897-1907 and 1950
- Express (London) from 1869
- Glasgow Courier from 1860
- Grantham Journal from 1992
- Hull Daily News from 1896 and 1898-1899
- Kenilworth Advertiser from 1870
- Kentish Gazette from 1880
- Leicester Evening Mail from 1914, 1919, 1928 and 1944
- Liverpool Daily Post from 1865 and 1872
- Liverpool Evening Express from 1906
- Liverpool Journal of Commerce from 1882 and 1929-1930
- Nantwich Chronicle from 1959
- Saffron Walden Weekly News from 1993
- Sainsbury’s Weekly Register and Advertising Journal from 1864
- Shropshire Examiner from 1874
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser from 1865
- Suffolk and Essex Free Press from 1982-1986
- Swansea and Glamorgan Herald from 1849 and 1851
- Thacker’s Overland News for India and the Colonies from 1864
- Weekly Times (London) from 1829
- Weymouth Telegram from 1865
- York Herald from 1876