Merry Christmas! Our gift to you? Another batch of brand new family history releases.
As home to the biggest and most up-to-date version of the 1939 Register, we’ve just opened over 69,000 previously-redacted records.
One of the most important documents in British history, the Register is packed with information on wartime relatives and their communities. Here are some top tips for making the most of it.
We’ve released over 36,000 additional records spanning 1538-1866. This latest tranche covers 40 Northamptonshire parishes.
Parish baptism records form the backbone of British family history. They can reveal essential family tree information like parents' names and birth year. Even better, these useful records can take your family research way back to medieval times.
Trace more Northamptonshire family milestones with over 51,000 new burial records. The latest additions cover 80 parishes and date from 1538-1922.
For all of our Northamptonshire parish records, check the coverage lists to see exactly what's available, church by church.
Unique to Findmypast, we’ve added over 19,000 new records from three cemeteries in the Plymouth and Tavistock regions. Specifically, the new arrivals come from:
- Drake Memorial Park, Plymouth
- Dolvin Road Cemetery, Tavistock
- Plymouth Road Cemetery, Tavistock
They cover dates from 1834 to 1995 and can reveal important details about your relatives' final resting places in Devon.
Hot off the press for Christmas, we have four brand new papers and more pages added to another 24 publications. New to the site this week are:
- American Register covering 1873-1883, 1888, 1890-1893, 1897-1899, 1901, 1904-1907, 1909-1911 and 1913-1914
- Liverpool Weekly Courier covering 1881, 1883-1890, 1892-1893, 1895 and 1897
- Penistone, Stocksbridge and Hoyland Express covering 1908-1911 and 1913-1917
- Birkenhead News covering 1881-1890, 1892-1896, 1900-1907, 1909-1910, 1913 and 1915-1920
And we've expanded the following papers with extra coverage:
- Liverpool Daily Post from 1904
- Oxford Chronicle and Reading Gazette from 1919 and 1921-1926
- Western Evening Herald from 1899
- Newcastle Daily Chronicle from 1910
- North British Daily Mail from 1853-1854, 1865 and 1885
- Runcorn Examiner from 1886, 1888, 1893, 1898, 1901, 1903-1904, 1906-1909, 1911, 1914-1917 and 1920
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1883 and 1890-1895
- Nantwich Chronicle from 1980
- Daily Review (Edinburgh) from 1862 and 1869
- Marylebone Mercury from 1980-1981
- Leicester Chronicle from 1916, 1919 and 1921
- Burton Observer and Chronicle from 1898-1899 and 1950
- Chester Courant from 1766, 1771-1775 and 1777-1785
- Stratford Times and South Essex Gazette from 1862
- Retford and Worksop Herald and North Notts Advertiser from 1890
- Stratford Express from 1872
- Reynolds’s Newspaper from 1923 and 1936-1938
- Gloucester Mercury from 1861
- Brighouse & Rastrick Gazette from 1882
- Leicester Evening Mail from 1955 and 1962
- St. Helens Examiner from 1887
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1889
- Bridlington and Quay Gazette from 1881-1883, 1885, 1890-1892, 1894-1895, 1897-1899 and 1913-1914
- Widnes Examiner from 1881-1882
This year, more than ever, Christmas means reminiscing and looking forward. We’ve created this short message to wish you and yours a happy and safe festive season. Together, we’ve made it through.
As we get set for another bumper year of releases, Findmypast Friday will take a short hiatus next week. We’ll return on 8 January with a fresh batch of family history resources. See you in 2021.