- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
Royal Baby will be related to other celebrity Kids
New Prince or Princess shares ancestry with Beyonce, Brangelina,and Hilary Duff offspring
As the world waits with bated breath for the birth of the heir to the British throne, our sister site findmypast.com has uncovered His or Her Royal Highness’ celebrity cousins.
Prince William and Kate Middleton may expect petitions for palace play dates from the following celebrity royalty whose children are related to the Royal Baby:
- 11th cousins: Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck’s three children Violet Anne, Seraphina Rose Elizabeth and Samuel Garner Affleck. With lines connecting through Ben Affleck and the Royal Baby’s grandmother, Princess Diana, this is the closest celebrity/royal relationship reported by findmypast.com.
- 22nd cousin: Uma Thurman and Arpad Busson’s daughter, Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson.
- 20th cousins twice removed: Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard’s two daughters, Ramona and Gloria Ray Sarsgaard
- 19th cousin once removed: Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie’s son Luca Cruz Comrie. Duff used to top the list of celebrities most closely related to the Queen as her 18th cousin. The Queen and Duff can both trace their ancestry to King Edward III.
- 23rd cousin twice removed: Beyoncé Knowles and Jay-Z’s daughter Blue Ivy Carter. Blue Ivy’s relation to the Queen comes through French royal heritage.
- 27th cousins: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s biological brood, including daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. Shiloh is related to the royal family through both parents, although Pitt is more royal than Jolie.
- 26th cousins thrice removed: Celine Dion and Rene Angelil’s three kids, Rene-Charles, Eddy and Nelson Angelil
“While not surprising, the closest connection unearthed among Hollywood's babies comes from a connection to the late Princess Diana, the royal baby's grandmother,” said D. Joshua Taylor, findmypast.com’s lead genealogist. “Diana's ancestry includes a number of early New England families, which means a large number of Americans might find a closer kinship with the heir to the throne than they will to the current Queen.
“This means that you don’t have to be a celebrity to trace your ancestry to the Royal Family. Millions of people are related to royalty and their family trees are just waiting to be discovered.”