- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
Release of Thom's Irish Who's Who 1923
In addition to our 10% discount and our festive challenge as part of Start Your Family Tree Week, we have another Christmas present for you - the release of Thom's Irish Who's Who 1923.
Alexander Thom & Co. are best known for their “Dublin City & County Directories”, which incidentally was a vital tool for James Joyce in his writing of Ulyssees. They made a brief venture into biographical notices with their 1923 “Irish Who’s Who”, which is now available fully indexed and digitised in the Irish directories category of our Irish family history records.
The directory contains 2500 names over 280 pages detailing those who, in the publisher’s words were:
"Conspicuous in the Nation’s History, and includes leaders of thought and action in all fields of enlightenment and civilization"
According to Thom & Co. the publication would appeal most to:
“the Statesman, the Man of Letters, the Clergyman, the Artist, the Journalist, the Lawyer, the Scientist, and last but in many respects first, the Man of Commerce”
Previous: Start Your Family Tree Week 2011
Next: Release of Clonfert Wills, Administrations and Marriage Records 1663-1857