- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
New Memorial Records - gravestone inscriptions
This new record set comprises details of the gravestone inscriptions for nearly 41,500 individuals.
The bulk of the records date between 1618 and 2005. The full memorial inscription for each gravestone is included. As well as the name of the deceased additional family names are often included. Other details recorded can include cause of death and the profession of the deceased.
The mostly north-western counties of Ireland covered by these records are some of the least well represented in other online resources making this a valuable addition to the findmypast collection records for Irish family history. Areas covered by this data are as follows:
This record set was compiled by Eileen Hewson who dedicates much of her time to transcribing the details on memorials in Ireland, India and Sri Lanka
Click here to start searching the Ireland memorial and burial register, 1618-2005
Previous: The Men of the WWI Wills