- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
Launch of two Dublin Post Office Directories
Two more excellent sources of information for those researching their Irish family history have gone live today, The Post Office Annual Directory and Calendar for 1843 and 1858. The directories are extremely rare and valuable sources of information for anyone researching their Dublin ancestors.
Containing 650 and 700 pages respectively, the directories list all the government, military, religious, educational, medical, legal and police establishments in the city and county. The majority of the directories are taken up with lists of the nobility, gentry, merchants and traders of the city. This is followed by listings for many of the professions, such as the legal and medical professions as well as listings of the senior staff at Trinity and the College of Maynooth. Another extremely interesting feature of the directory is its detailed descriptions of suburban towns and villages of Dublin in the 19th century.