- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
Release of the Register of Queen's Colleges Ireland: 1849-1858
Do you have any Irish graduates in your family tree? If so you may be able to track them down in our latest release: the Registers of Queen's Colleges Ireland 1849-1858.
The Queens Colleges register is a publication of the official returns to the House of Commons of the Queen’s Colleges of Ireland. The Queens Colleges of Ireland were established by the Queens Colleges (Ireland) Act 1845, which allowed for the creation of universities to cater for all religious denominations. Under this act the Queen’s Colleges of Belfast, Cork and Galway were formally incorporated in 1845 and opened their doors to students in 1849. This register is a list of studenst for each college during their first 10 years of operation.
More information on the Registers of Queen's Colleges Ireland 1849-1858