- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
Even more court registers added
We have made a further 2.3 million court records available to search online in our Irish Petty Sessions Court Registers 1828-1912 record set, which exposes the petty crimes Ireland’s residents committed and how they were punished.
This new batch features 40 new courts in 13 counties around Ireland. A further 6 courts have been supplemented with records from additional years. This brings the total Petty Sessions Court Registers on findmypast.ie to over 17.5 million and the overall Irish family history records on the site to over 73 million.
Notable additions this time include a significant expansion to the records available for Cavan, Galway, Kildare, Meath and Waterford. The new Kildare courts include The Curragh, which should prove a real boon to family historians with military ancestors as it has been an army base since 1855.
The variety of cases heard gives a real flavour for life in Ireland at the time. Drunken public displays, truancy from school and faulty car lights are just a taste of the misdemeanors that can be found amongst the millions of registers.
Did your ancestors have their day in court?